Before Your Home is Listed
- Touch up interior and exterior paint as needed
- Install new carpeting & flooring if it appears worn or dated
- Make sure the front is clean and spruced up; curb appeal will create a favorable first impression
- Trim bushes and plants as needed and make sure lawn is kept mowed and trimmed
- Keep the interior clean, uncluttered and odor-free; eliminate any evidence of pets.
- Minimize personal items such as family photos. You want buyers to see themselves living in the home.
During the Listing Period
- When potential buyers visit your home, either be absent or as inconspicuous as possible.
- Have fresh flowers in the entry way. It makes for a friendly introduction to your home.
- If offers are made that don’t match your hoped-for price, don’t reject them right away – pay attention to your agent’s advice.
- Consider dropping the price if several months go by with few or no offers. If you or your agent have priced your home properly from the start, this shouldn’t be necessary.
- Don’t get discouraged, in buyer’s markets homes take longer to sell than during boom times. Your home will sell, it’s a matter of your agent finding the right buyer for you.
Hire a RealtorA Realtor is always up to date on the latest information and critical processes that can help keep you out of trouble. They can also help you get your home sold at the best price in the right time frame. Studies show that home-sellers who use a Realtor to represent them generally get a better price than those who sell the homes themselves. Equally as important, Realtors add objectivity to an inherently emotional transaction; the sale of your home.
elite equity believes in 3 Golden Rules to Selling a Home
Your House Needs to be “Show-Ready”
Consider Some Of These Questions To Get An Idea Of What Makes A House Ready To Be Shown On The Market:
- Are the interior paints and finishes in good condition? This is one area with the best ratio of least expensive to most desired. For a minimal investment, you could possibly make or break a sale by having your home look well-kept and inviting.
- Are the appliances in good working order and of recent vintage?
- Are the plumbing and electrical systems in good condition? Are they fully functional?
- Are the carpets or other floor coverings clean and in good condition? New floor coverings are worth paying for so that your home makes a better impression.
- Are the sealants (sink, shower, tub, windows) well intact?
- Are all light fixtures working properly, and is there good lighting in each room?
- From the street, is the house appealing? This is called “curb appeal”.
- Does it need a new coat of paint(either because the current paint is clearly cracked or faded, or because of an uncommon choice in color)?
- If a house with a yard, is the lawn and landscaping attractive and well-kept?
- If it is a condo, you can’t do much about the building, but is the front door (and balcony, if there is one) appealing?
- Are the windows and doors attractive and in good condition?
- Is the roof (and gutters) in good condition?
- Is the grass nicely cut, are the hedges trimmed, are the leaves swept up? Are all toys such as bikes, and scooters put away?
Marketing Done the Right Way
elite equity’s customized marketing program is among the best in the real estate industry. Our marketing program is created using glossy color brochures, comprehensive online coverage, targeted direct mail pieces, local media exposure, social media and much, much more. Elite Equity is able to reach local buyers with custom advertising campaigns for each property through the use of striking well-designed page layouts and prominent positioning. virtual slide shows and an exclusive Estate “For Sale” sign, your home will be advertised in the following venues at both your at elite equity’s discretion:
- The MLS Open House Guide
- Los Angeles Times Valley Homes Edition
- Los Angeles Times Westside Homes Edition
- Homes and Land Magazine
- Wall Street Journal
- Hollywood Reporter
- Daily Variety
- Studio City Lifestyle Magazine
- LUX Properties Prudential Estates Magazine
- LA Homes and Open House Magazine
- Dream Homes Los Angeles and International Magazine
- socalhomesite.com (LA Daily News)
- Valley and Westside Multiple Listing Services
- LA Times Hot Properties
- Online Coverage including Trulia, Zillow, Redfin, Homefinder, and many more!
Execution of the Sale
After all the preparation and marketing efforts – it will ultimately come down to closing the sale… and quickly. Being both a real estate broker and direct lender, elite equity has orchestrated thousands of transactions. Thereby allowing you, the homeowner to rest-assured that the deal will close in a timely fashion. Since most transactions involve some type of financing, Elite Equity will cross-qualify each and every borrower to make sure there are no surprises down the line. We have long-standing relationships with many of the nation’s top banking institutions. This allows us to properly underwrite each and every loan.